Sunday, October 24, 2010

Poll closed: "What is your favourite album of the 1990s by a Canadian artist?"

Sloan's milestone album Twice Removed won a narrow victory over Our Lady Peace's first album, Naveed, for the most cherished 1990s Canadian recording. I have to say I was surprised that Fully Completely only received one vote. Further, I would love to know what album I left out as someone voted for the option that I had "outrageously missed the obvious #1".  My apologies for missing your favourite. I don't want to know because I am offended (I put that option there for a reason), I just really want to know!  You can add a comment to one of the blog posts, even anonymously, and let me know what album I overlooked.

3 comments:

  1. As I'm sure you guessed, I was very torn between Twice Removed and Fully Completely. As naked and isolated pieces of work, the two albums are fairly competitive for the top spot in my book. What eventually pushed me to into voting in the champion Slow Ones was industry impact. I think Twice Removed has been infinitely more influential in the long run on other artists, Canadian and alien.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and you clearly missed Six by Loverboy. Gross oversight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I wasn't the one who voted for outrageously missing the obvious #1, I would say that:

    a) if live albums counted, Id be hard pressed not to vote for Live Between Us, but I imagine voting for a live album probably defeats the purpose a bit.

    b) And though I'm likely heavily biased, the best Canadian debut album of the 1990s was Fallow, 1997 release.

    ReplyDelete